Monday, September 22, 2008

From Lakewood to Mount Falcon

So many good choices in the area and for a self diagnosed ADD it can be a good thing and a bad.

At 1st I thought about Centennial Cone but as the Fates held destiny it was closed to bikes Sunday. Then Kenosa Pass came to mind but I needed to spend some time with my wife and little girls and that would keep me away for most of the day.

So Mount Falcon started calling me on the Map and at 6:30am I left our apartment in Lakewood headed west..

Sunrise from the Greenbelt Trail
Sunrise from the GreenBelt Trail

Finding a winding route up the eastern side of Green Mountain I pass the two water towers and made my way to Summit Trail.

Deer on Green Mtn
Deer on Green Mtn

On over to the Radio? Tower and a short look at the map to find my way down Hayden Trail.


Views to the West Views to the west from Green Mtn
Views from the west on Green mtn

A fun swoopy section of Green Mountain Brings me to the C-470 Bridge..To do Zorro and Dakota Ridge...oh so much fun...or head down the C 470 Bike Path to Morrison and explore some new to me trail???

Dakota will always be there and now knowing combining it with Mount Falcon in the future is a possibility...the Bike Path it is....

C-470 bikepath

Into Morrison
Into Morrison

Red Rocks, Dakota Ridge, Green Mtn
View of the Red Rocks, Dakota Ridge, and Green Mtn in the Distance from Castle Trail on Mount Falcon...That Radio? Tower looks so far away.

Views from Castle Trail
View to the South From Paralee Trail on Mount Falcon

Ute Trail at Mount Falcon
Ute Trail at Mount Falcon....look at that we do have trees in the Colorado front range:p


So came the ultimate decision...ride over and descend through Lair O the Bear..which I've only hiked a short bit of and descend into Morrison by way of 74 or Descend back down Castle...wanting the dirt I decided on going back down Castle but the way down Lair O the Bear may be next time's descent.

By the time I reached the bottom of Mount Falcon it was now 10:20am and I'm getting a bit hungry. I called Tabetha and ask her and the girls to meet me in Morrison for lunch. I'll just hang out at the Morrison Inn and maybe Red Rock Cyclery till they get in.

Morrison
Town of Morrison

Morrison Murals
Morrison Murals

Red Rocks cyclery and bank?
Ok...is it a bike shop...a coffee bar..or a bank? Not shown in the picture is a teller machine to the right.

MMMMM...32 ozs of Fat Tire
MMMMMM....32 ozs of Fat Tire:thumbsup: on a tummy with just a couple shots of gel and a bottle of perpetulum in it.

The Family showed up around 11:40 with a fresh set of clothes for me and a couple of growling tummies to accompany them. On over to Rigatoni's for lunch and the rest of the day to spend with my favorite ladies with somewhere around 25 to 30 miles in the legs.

Jeremy

No comments: