Sunday, July 20, 2008

Biking

Are we packing yet? Seems to be the question of the year, but at the moment, our family is taking in the last joys of the WNC area before the hard work begins.

For example, today we went for a great bike ride around Tuxedo Lake. 6.33 miles and *I* actually did a LOT of steep uphill (at least I thought so!). The girls had a blast, too. Sophie squeals with so much excitement from her seat in the trailer whenever my speed picks up and Ayla is a trooper "pedaling" along with Jeremy from her tag-a-long.

Ayla and Tabetha
Getting ready to ride.

Ayla Riding
Ayla riding along.

Sophie
Sophie expressing her doubt at Jeremy's purpose with the camera.

I've decided that biking is too much fun and since I feel somewhat constrained on my cruiser, we are selling it to buy me a REAL mountain bike. Yup, I think it is time and Jeremy is thrilled. He even commented that he thought I was ready for a trail that has some steep inclines... we'll see... LOL But, we are having a LOT of fun riding together.

Last weekend, on a quick trip up to VA to check out a VW bus (no, we ended up not getting it), we stopped by the Virginia Creeper Trail and rode about 6 miles on that. It was awesome and beautiful. We rode for a bit, hung out by the water to picnic, and then rode some more. Ayla especially enjoyed seeking out the mud puddles and proudly displayed the results. Here's some pics of that day:

ayla pondering her next ride
Contemplating mud.

Sophie getting a drink
Daddy & Sophie sharing water.

Tabetha worn out from the Virginia Creeper
Only a *little* worn out!

Ayla picking off teh mud
Ayla scraping mud off her legs.

We ended the trip at an ice cream parlor before making our way back to Asheville. It was a looong weekend, but so worth it!

No comments: